Friday, September 9, 2011

Second coat of varnish on my OSB floor.

Nothing exciting but I am surprised with the reflective surface already. I should have enough to do six coats total and there will be a wet sand in there somewhere.




Edit: By mid-afternoon of day three the floor has four coats on it. I am applying them every 4 hours and have enough varnish to do six coats. Every coat is making it pop a little bit more but to be honest I can't wait to be done this job. Everything else has pretty well come to a halt inside as I do these coving coats. Tomorrow... I drywall the bathroom.

2 comments:

  1. Cool, I just cut treads, risers and nosing out of osb, I went with two colours of walnut, how is your finish holding up? I went with a profession clear coat for high traffic floors

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only lived in the place for about 16 months after the floor was done. High traffic and a boxer puppy later though it was still good as new

      Delete