Friday, September 9, 2011

Red Mahogany stain, chicks love Red Mahogany.

Staining my OSB floor

So this is actually all happening on the eve of my floor sanding day. I had a kickass day here, the sanding went much better than I had expected and my energy was still high so I fired up to Canadian Tire to pick up some cheap deck stain. It was a toss up between a more black stain and this red stuff, in the end I am really enjoying how it looks.

For this whole process I didn't look online, I just said "screw it, were doing it LIVE!" and went for it. That brush is really stiff and reminds me of something that an umpire would use to clean home plate but it worked great. Starting in the office at about 9 at night I went at it with no clue what I was doing but I was in a room with no airflow, huffing the powerful fumes of deck stain.
Half way there and I was only halfway into my second one litre can of stain. I didn't think two cans would get me past the bathroom but it covers really well and the OSB didn't absorb it as much as I thought it would.
That was it for the night. Out of stain and I was having trouble seeing straight.
Ya, pretty much self explanatory.
I am not a clever man.

No comments:

Post a Comment