Sunday, September 18, 2011

I hate windows.



I may hate putting in new windows but man do I love expanding foam. After I foamed this window I ran around foaming every little crack in the place. If I had this stuff as a kid I would have wrecked everything imaginable.

I really don't want to see the trailer trash goings on out front so I decided to just remove and cover the front windows. Less light but more room for some hella awesome bookshelves in the future.

So, this was a pain in the arse. I got the window out, framed in the seven inches on one side then realised that there was no way I was lifting it five feet off the ground while on a ladder then be able to level it and screw it to the wall. I tried using a lifeline and called a friend, in fact I called every friend I could think of and nobody could or would come over so I did it myself, screw you all. My back hurts and I doubt a rubber ball will sit nicely on the sill but I was determined.

And it even opens!

Finished living room windows, or exterior parts I guess.

My poor little shop vac, the horrors it has seen could fill up three chapters of a long winded Tolken book. A hero he is and I get slightly amused when I suck up drywall dust, my little red coke-head.

Finally finished plumbing in my water lines, tomorrow they go live and I see how many leaks I have. Water tank is splattered with stain and bottom left you can see some of my expanding foam.

Who needs straight lines? Feed and return for the hot water tank.

I was feeling adventurous when dry walling the bathroom so I built a small linen/ towel box above the hot water tank. Then I realised that it'll be a bitch to mud and sand. Before I really tested if my little box was going to hold weight I piled all the tile I have for the shower, a pail of mud and various tools in there. A few days later it was still fine so I mustn't suck at all this as much as I thought I did.

I stayed until after midnight doing a big cleaning, and the warehouse/addition even saw a broom today. I can't wait until I can put the washer and dryer back where they belong, they take up too much space in the room I have them in now.

That's it. I'm tired and there is internetting to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment