Sunday, October 9, 2011

Windows are almost all replaced.

Well, in a week where I was doing mostly small time consuming jobs, I didn't get a whole bunch of stuff done that is exciting to report. I did however stop the roof leak and am almost done my shower pan of a thousand headaches.

Today was another window day and now that I have a table saw it made framing in windows so much easier.

I have been dreading the removal of one of the bedroom windows so I could use it in the hallway/ kitchen area because it was the only one where it looked like I could do some serious damage with one wrong wrecking bar move.

First the busted up old window came out, an easy task as no ladders were needed.

Boarded up old window spot. I took this out because it was taking up some needed wall space in the bedroom and it took away even more view of the trailer trash goings on.

New window framed with the help of the table saw.

Boarded up and ready for siding. (Next year)

All in all I am impressed with how well my window installing has gone. I had never done anything like it previously and in the end I didn't do too bad.


The front windows again. I am noticing that the place is much easier to keep warm now that I don't have a plethora of GAPING HOLES all over the place.


No comments:

Post a Comment